Sparrow Missions is a Kentucky-based 501(c)(3) non-profit missions organization for individuals and groups of all ages. Founded in 2009, our heart is to mobilize Christians and equip them to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission, minister to human needs, and live out God’s will for their lives. We strive to motivate believers to pursue Jesus Christ and take His life-giving message to the ends of the earth!
Sparrow Missions is an interdenominational organization and is not associated with any particular church or denomination. Our staff, Board of Directors, and team members come from a wide range of evangelical denominations. We believe strongly in creating unity within the Body of Christ.
PURPOSE & VISION
The purpose and vision of Sparrow Missions is founded on the verses Luke 12: 6-7:
“6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
The purpose of Sparrow Missions is to reach the lost for Christ and mobilize Christians by giving them the opportunity to travel the world and share their faith with people in other cultures and countries. Our focus is very simple! We focus ministry, energy, and resources on those who have been largely forgotten by the world, but not by God. This has led us to the poorest of the poor and to those who have been abandoned by their parents, families, and communities.
Sparrow Missions is committed wholeheartedly to leading short-term mission trips that enable and fuel existing long-term ministry. Each of our missionaries will plug into one or more of the longer term ministries currently operating in and throughout San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
It is crucial to make known the values and beliefs that help us fulﬁll God’s plan for our lives. At Sparrow Missions, we subscribe to the following core values as not only the values of a leader, but of a disciple of Christ. Our vision is to instill these core values in each person we are blessed to work with in Honduras, the United States, or anywhere else.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(I John 5:6-8)
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to those who believe. The Holy Spirit brings about the conviction of sin and the new birth, bears witness of our adoption, and is the power behind Christian growth and ministry. (Matthew 3:11; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 12:7-11)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 16:5-15)
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in power and glory to consummate His salvation and His judgment.(John 5:24, 28, 29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across race, gender, and class differences. (Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Corinthians 1:10)